Your Freedom Travel Organizer in New Zealand

“키오라 ~ 하오레 마이. 안녕하세요 ~ 환영합니다” 여러분의 뉴질랜드 여행 계획을 도와드리게 되어 기쁩니다. 뉴질랜드 여행의 모든것 – ILoveNZTravel 에서 편안하게 계획하시고 즐거운 여행하세요. 뉴질랜드 여행 관련 궁금한 점은 아래에 질문주시면 전문가가 바로 답변드립니다.

작성일 : 12-09-28 12:41
     Birdwatching in the UK 2
      글쓴이 : ILOVENZ
조회 : 10,894  

The Padley Gorge, near Grindleford in the Peak District of Derbyshire was one of my regular walks when I lived in the UK 13 years ago. A tannin-laden stream cascades down through a gritstone gorge and ancient oak woodland alive with birds. On the stream live Dippers (similar to mulkkamagwi) and Grey Wagtails (noranghalmisae). The oak woodlands attract special birds such as the Pied Flycatcher (similar to huinnunsseophwangeumsae), Redstart (similar to ttaksae), Tree Pipits (like hindungsae) and Wood Warblers (like sansolsae but bigger and brighter). I saw all apart from the latter, which have become rare in the area since I left. The oak forest was beautiful in its early summer foliage and the bird song added to the pleasant surroundings.

My mum lives on the edge of Chesterfield where it was formerly rather industrial, up to about 10-20 years ago. Now coal mining and steel working has finished in the area and nature is regaining a foothold. The nearby river, the Rother, used to be one of the most polluted in England. It must be a lot cleaner now as I saw Kingfisher (mulchongsae) on it. The nearby Chesterfield Canal was the best area though, especially an area developed for walkers and bike-riders called the Bluebank Loop (for the bluebells that flower there). Here a couple of Mute Swans (hokgoni) were nesting, a Grasshopper Warbler (like jwibalgwigaegaebi) was reeling - I stalked into the rough grass and saw it on top of a hummock, a rare sight - and scarce birds such as Lesser Whitethroat (soehuinteokttaksae) and Willow Tit (bukbangsoebaksae) were in the bushes and scrub. Nearby at the sewage works I was treated to the daredevil swooping and diving display of a pair of Lapwings (daenggimulttesae).

The Burbage Brook tumbling through the ancient oaks of Padley Gorge

Bluebells, like those found at Bluebank, were in full bloom

The Mute Swan nest near the Chesterfield Canal

The Chesterfield Canal and Bluebank Wood (to the right)

Nick Allen

번호 제   목 글쓴이 날짜 조회
18 Birds of the Milford Track ILOVENZ 02-08 2215
17 Where to watch birds in Canterbury - Nick Allen ILOVENZ 11-28 5147
16 A Fortnight in the North Island 5 - Whanganui to Wellington ILOVENZ 09-28 4968
15 A Fortnight in the North Island 4 - The Waikato and Taranaki ILOVENZ 09-28 5605
14 A Fortnight in the North Island 3 - Eastland and Bay of Plen… ILOVENZ 09-28 6031
13 A fortnight in the North Island 2 Hawke's Bay ILOVENZ 09-28 5043
12 A fortnight in the North Island 1 Wairarapa ILOVENZ 09-28 5081
11 Ashburton Lakes Bird Census 2010 ILOVENZ 09-28 5118
10 Birding in South Korea in mid-late June ILOVENZ 09-28 5191
9 A visit to Barrow Hill Roundhouse and the Chesterfield Canal ILOVENZ 09-28 5161
8 Birdwatching in the UK 2 ILOVENZ 09-28 10895
7 Birdwatching in the UK 1 ILOVENZ 09-28 4709
6 Orange-fronted Parakeet search in the Hawdon Valley ILOVENZ 09-28 5924
5 Wader watching and botanising at Greenpark Sands ILOVENZ 09-27 4786
4 Birdwatching on holiday in the south of the South Island ILOVENZ 09-27 5402
 1  2   total 18

ILOVENZ Travel
34 Harvard Avenue, Christchurch, New Zealand
뉴질랜드: +64 27 648 9785   
이메일: tour@ilovenztravel.co.nz
카톡: ilovejames

Copyright © 2008 ILOVENZ Travel Limited