Your Freedom Travel Organizer in New Zealand

“키오라 ~ 하오레 마이. 안녕하세요 ~ 환영합니다” 여러분의 뉴질랜드 여행 계획을 도와드리게 되어 기쁩니다. 뉴질랜드 여행의 모든것 – ILoveNZTravel 에서 편안하게 계획하시고 즐거운 여행하세요. 뉴질랜드 여행 관련 궁금한 점은 아래에 질문주시면 전문가가 바로 답변드립니다.

작성일 : 12-09-28 12:52
     Birding in South Korea in mid-late June
      글쓴이 : ILOVENZ
조회 : 5,190  

I visited Korea in mid-late June to visit my wife's friends and family and take our daughter to see them too for the first time. The weather was very hot and sticky and most of the resident birds seemed to have finished breeding. So things were fairly quiet bird-wise. It was good to see family and friends again, some of whom we hadn't seen in years.

Dongmak Beach with Bunori Dondae in the background

The part of the mountain stream where I saw the Brown Dipper in Seoraksan NP

Young Brown Dipper

A Daurian Redstart on the bench at the playground of Kumho Seorak Resort

Our friend Susanna kindly drove us out to Kangwha-Do, where at Dongmak Beach and Bunori Dondae there is a good area for watching birds of the mudflats. Unfortunately the tide was well out so there were few birds, but we did see 2 Black-faced Spoonbills (jeoeosae), 1-2 Swinhoe's Egrets (norangburibaengno) and about 6 Far-eastern Curlews (allak-kkorimadoyo). The amazingly beautiful Black-capped Kingfisher (cheonghobansae), which I saw there 3 years ago, didn't show itself this time unfortunately.

I had some time to go birdwatching at Seoraksan National Park, mostly up the Rocking Rock Track. Here the highlights were a young Brown Dipper (mulggamagwi), which I managed to digibin (photo through binoculars with digital camera), and a few Grey Wagtails (noranghalmisae) on the mountain stream and a rather elusive Asian Brown Flycatcher (soesolttaksae) in the forest, which eventually gave good views. Seoraksan was beautiful anyway.

Near and at the Kumho Seorak Resort, where we stayed there were also plenty of birds, with Daurian Redstart (ttaksae) and Black-naped Oriole (kkoekkori) in the garden/adjacent woodland, Hoopoe (hututi) in the farmland, and Oriental Great Reed Warbler (gaegaebi) and Japanese Wagtail (geomeundeunghalmisae) on the river/streams.

Nick Allen

번호 제   목 글쓴이 날짜 조회
18 Birds of the Milford Track ILOVENZ 02-08 2215
17 Where to watch birds in Canterbury - Nick Allen ILOVENZ 11-28 5147
16 A Fortnight in the North Island 5 - Whanganui to Wellington ILOVENZ 09-28 4968
15 A Fortnight in the North Island 4 - The Waikato and Taranaki ILOVENZ 09-28 5605
14 A Fortnight in the North Island 3 - Eastland and Bay of Plen… ILOVENZ 09-28 6031
13 A fortnight in the North Island 2 Hawke's Bay ILOVENZ 09-28 5043
12 A fortnight in the North Island 1 Wairarapa ILOVENZ 09-28 5080
11 Ashburton Lakes Bird Census 2010 ILOVENZ 09-28 5118
10 Birding in South Korea in mid-late June ILOVENZ 09-28 5191
9 A visit to Barrow Hill Roundhouse and the Chesterfield Canal ILOVENZ 09-28 5161
8 Birdwatching in the UK 2 ILOVENZ 09-28 10894
7 Birdwatching in the UK 1 ILOVENZ 09-28 4709
6 Orange-fronted Parakeet search in the Hawdon Valley ILOVENZ 09-28 5924
5 Wader watching and botanising at Greenpark Sands ILOVENZ 09-27 4786
4 Birdwatching on holiday in the south of the South Island ILOVENZ 09-27 5402
 1  2   total 18

ILOVENZ Travel
34 Harvard Avenue, Christchurch, New Zealand
뉴질랜드: +64 27 648 9785   
이메일: tour@ilovenztravel.co.nz
카톡: ilovejames

Copyright © 2008 ILOVENZ Travel Limited